Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap

I had a pretty eventful Thanksgiving. Let me tell you about it. The night before Thanksgiving I went four-wheeling with a bunch of friends and had a lot of fun. My friends picked me up at my parent's house instead of at my house, and when I got dropped off at my parent's house at three o'clock in the morning, my car was blocked in! It was freezing cold, and I was really tired and didn't feel like moving cars around, so I decided to sleep on my parent's couch.

BAD IDEA.

My brother woke up about twenty minutes after I got home and decided that the house was burning down. I guess he could smell smoke, and so he woke up my dad and they started turning on lights and wandering around the house trying to find the source of the smell. That was really annoying, as I was trying to sleep! They never found anything, and the house didn't burn down.

The next morning, the day of Thanksgiving. I guess three boxes of stuffing isn't enough for my family, so me and my little brother were sent to the store to get more. Oh, and I needed some Diet Dr. Pepper to get me through the day. :) It turns out that taking my mom's car to the store is FREAKING AWESOME because she has a handicapped parking pass from her injury a couple of months ago that is valid for another couple of months! My little brother has been taking full advantage of this for months now, but yesterday was the first day I got to benefit from it. We parked right next to the entrance and bought four more boxes of stuffing for a total of SEVEN boxes of stuffing.

As for what I ate? Not a big fan of Thanksgiving food, so it was pretty easy for me to stay on track. I had some stuffing (of course, we had seven boxes of it), some yams, and an orange roll. I did not eat myself silly, and when they brought out the pie later, I did not have any. Not because I am Super Woman or something like that, I just really don't like pie. Pie, pie, pie, all they could talk about was pie! Let me tell you: pie is overrated. Give me some ice cream, then we'll talk.

I'm really glad I don't eat my feelings anymore.

Since this is my Thanksgiving post, I should probably mention how grateful I am for my family. They really suck sometimes, but at least I know they love me and care about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment