Sunday, July 29, 2012

Back on the Horse

Last week was rough.  There's no other word to describe it.  It was the last week of the busy season at my work, and I was pretty stressed about getting all my work done on time.  For some people, eating healthy is painless and easy.  But for me, it requires planning and effort.  My hope is that someday I will be one of those people that is able to eat healthy effortlessly.

The last day I ate healthy was the day of my last post.  I continued keeping track of my calories for a couple of days, but I quit in the middle of the week because my eating habits were so far off.  I was basically eating whatever I could get a hold of.  One day at work I literally sat at my desk at 8:30 in the  morning and didn't leave until 5:30 to go home.  I didn't take a lunch break, and I didn't move at all except for a bathroom break.  When I got home I was ravenous!  The other days last week I ate whatever I could find at work, which is never a healthy option.

The good news is that I can always get back on the horse.  Nothing is irreversible, tomorrow is another day.

Today I am grateful for the Olympics.  They are so much fun, and I am so grateful that this time around I don't have a job that conflicts with me watching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment