Sunday, July 22, 2012

Halloween Goals

Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year, especially the last few years since I have transformed my body.  I love to get all decked out for holidays.  I'm struggling with what I want to be this year.  I've come up with two ideas, and both of them will require a LOT of work.  I seem to have a pattern when it comes to my costumes - strong women: Miss Peacock, Audrey Hepburn, last year I had two costumes - The Bride from the movie Kill Bill and Jessica Rabbit (beautiful, passionate, and glamorous, and she deeply loves her husband Roger).  Well this year is no different.


Black Widow?
























Or Catwoman??











What are my arguments for each?  Well, several months ago I read an article when trying to determine what a realistic goal for my weight should be and strategies to get there.  I got it from pinterest if I remember correctly.  It's right here.  This article talks about the three different body types - ectomorphs, mesomorphs, and endomorphs.  I determined by following the measurements indicated in the article that I am somewhere between a mesomorph and an endomorph, but leaning towards the endomorph end.  What this means is that I struggle controlling my body fat percentage and have a hard time losing weight.  But no one tells me what I can or can't do!  I'll never let genetics or a silly body type stop me from reaching my goal.  Especially since the article also mentioned famous people from each body type.  Beyonce and Scarlett Johansson are famous and beautiful examples of people with the endomorphic body type.  Scarlett Johansson looks amazing!  If me and her have the same disadvantage, then I can look amazing too!  A few weeks after I read this article I saw The Avengers in theater and decided I wanted to be Black Widow for Halloween.

However, I just saw Dark Knight Rises this weekend.  I don't remember the last movie I saw that I loved that much.  It totally struck all my heart chords.  I loved Batman Begins, and I've seen that movie about a hundred times, so it was the perfect ending to the trilogy.  It would be great to feel a part of the movie that brought me so much joy.  Plus I've always thought it would be fun to be a cat for Halloween, but you can't  be a fat cat, you gotta be a sexy cat.  I've never had the body for it.  But with either of these costume ideas, I've got a lot of work ahead of me because I am nowhere near to looking like either of them.

So I've got 9 weeks until Halloween, I'm pretty motivated.  I'm gonna see how close I can get my body to looking like these strong women above.

How will I do this?  I will continue to run 3-4 times a week, but I will add weight training to my repertoire along with the amazing butt workout I told you guys about.  Exercise isn't everything, eating is important too! I have recently changed my lunch and drinking patterns.  I stopped drinking my beloved diet dr. pepper for the most part, I don't remember the last time I had any.  I've been bringing lunches from home to work.  I've been making sandwich wraps out of wheat tortillas with turkey, cheese, lettuce, and mustard.  I also bring grapes, carrots or broccoli, snap peas, and almonds.  I have felt full and satisfied, and I am confident that I can continue this pattern.  I may switch out the wraps for something else, and I'm working on figuring out a healthier breakfast.  So if I don't look like Scarlett Johansson or Anne Hathaway in 9 weeks, I will at least be closer to my goal and much healthier.

Please send me your opinion on which super hero you think I should be!

Today I'm thankful for Christopher Nolan.  Maybe that's silly, but man, he knows how to make a movie.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It wouldn't be like Mean Girls - I wouldn't be wearing lingerie with a tail and ears - I'd actually be Catwoman. Is that still your vote? ;)

      Delete
  2. I like that costume very much. What do you think about this
    Kill Bill costume?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go Go! Ha ha, that is great! But not quite right for me. :)

      Delete