Saturday, January 1, 2011

Transformation

It is the start of a brand new year. I have my New Year's Resolutions prepared. They seem so much easier this year than they ever have in years past. They are not incredibly overwhelming. It is doable.

So how have I changed from 2010 to 2011? Oh my gosh, I feel like a completely different person. Inside and out. There are definitely a lot of factors involved in my transformation. 2010 was a big year for me. A year I will never forget. To start off with though, let's show you a picture of me last year around the holidays.

And here is a picture of me from almost exactly one year later. Big difference, right? This was right after a Mary Kay party, so I'm wearing a lot of make up...



But honestly, my weight is only one change that I went through this last year. I never really had a big problem with self-esteem, and I've always accepted my personality quirks. But this year I had some self-worth issues that I had never really dealt with before that I was able to work through. I'm still working through my body image issues. I have a long way to go before I can say that I am 100% happy with myself, but I can definitely say that I am a different person today than I was one year ago. I am close to 60 lbs lighter, I react to people's approach in a more positive manner, I am more loose, I have been working on being friendlier, and I am much happier.

Today I'm grateful to everyone who impacted my life in a positive manner in 2010 and helped me become a better person.

2 comments:

  1. There is definately a huge roll of effect from losing weight if the weight is lost in the right way. Such an eye opener into ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a huge change, im rather jealous!

    ReplyDelete