Sunday, October 17, 2010

Excuses, Excuses...

This week wasn't great in the diet/exercise aspect, so I wasn't too excited for my weigh in. This week was pretty stressful with my new job. It's supposed to be a part time job, but I worked full time this week for training. The food I have at my house isn't very transport friendly, so I ended up eating fast food for lunch every day. I was very careful about portion control and to eat from the healthy menus, but I would still prefer to not eat out. I also only worked out twice. I did an upper body Body for Life workout, and my arms sure were sore for a long time. My little brother "spotted" me. What that really means is that he messed around in the garage and did not pay attention to me at all while I worked out. If I were to have dropped the weights on my head, he wouldn't have noticed. I also did the Body for Life running routine.

This week: My job is part time! This means I don't get a lunch break and will be eating at home, thank goodness. I will also have no excuse not to get a third and maybe fourth workout in each week.

As for the results this week, I lost 0.4 pounds, which brings me to a total loss of 44.6 pounds. What a waste of a week. It has gotten me thinking. I actually weigh in every few days just to keep track of my progress and make sure I'm not doing anything stupid. Last Friday morning I weighed one pound less than I did this morning. I know what happened, of course. I ate out this weekend. I was very careful about portion control. I am going for a lifestyle change, so I think it is okay for me to go out to eat every once in a while, otherwise I don't have the balance I need to be successful. I guarantee tomorrow morning I'll be back to my weight from last Friday morning. It's pretty irritating that my official weigh in has to reflect my weekend fun. So I'm creating a poll. You can vote on the side of my blog.

Here are the rationales for the two choices:

Change my official weigh in day to Fridays - this way the number on the scale will reflect my healthy eating choices from all week rather than the weekend. When my weight fluctuates up from the weekend and back down afterwards, it balances out. Changing the weigh in day to Friday just means that my readers don't have to hear my whine about it anymore.

Keep my official weigh in day at Sundays - this maintains consistency. As my mom says, this will also make me want to control myself on the weekends. However, I am not having a problem controlling myself. When I go out with friends, I am very careful about portions and what I pick to eat. I am trying to create a balance in my life so that I don't crash and burn. But the act of eating out of the ordinary does make a difference on the scale.

Those are the voting options, go ahead and vote, and I'll decide what to do from there.

Today I am grateful for free drinks from the Bevron. Why should I have to pay for my drink anyway? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment