Thursday, October 14, 2010

Motivation Failures


I bought this dress over three years ago to motivate me to lose weight. Don't do that, by the way. It's stupid, and it doesn't work. It didn't for me anyway. Clothes aren't a good enough motivator. Although I am very happy to fit into this dress now, you can see it didn't work to motivate me when I bought it. Everyone needs to find their own motivation that works for them. Clothes didn't work to motivate me, and neither did competition with friends or family or even money!


Anyway, I came home to show my family one day and my brother says to me, "You aren't done losing weight, are you?" Shocking. Nothing like a brother to keep you on track of your goals. To my other brother's credit, this was a different brother from the flabby comment. A third brother has told me that I look good, but that he looks better, so none of them are innocent.

As promised, I am ending this post with what I am grateful for today.

Today I am grateful for my roommate. She went on a Walmart run with me at 11:00 at night, even though she did not want to, so that I could buy nylons for work. She is pretty awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I'm not going to lie, whenever I need an HONEST opinion about what I am wearing or how I look, I ALWAYS ask Michael. He always give me the blunt truth. Even though it's not what you want to hear, at least they don't beat around the bush about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! My brothers are pretty funny though, I have to admit.

    ReplyDelete